Thursday 29 October 2009

Grace



Before you were conceived, I wanted you 
Before you were born, I loved you 
Before you were here an hour, I would die for you 
This is the miracle of love. 

-Maureen Hawkins


My husband described me as being in a ‘state of grace’. Graceful maybe not but a state of grace maybe. I could not stop smiling. I loved every kick, every hiccup, every scan, each and every moment I had my babies wrapped up safely just for me. I loved watching my tummy grow and would pull my top up to show it off without a second thought. I wandered around the gym changing room waiting as long as possible before covering it up. I would spend ages massaging it, stroking it, chatting to it…I loved my bump and I loved my babies a long time before I could stroke the faces I had seen each night as I closed my eyes dreaming of the life I was growing inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers